Excessive consumption of alcohol causes severe long-term side-effects. The consumer develops tolerance to the effects of the substance and will need to take more so that he or she gets the desired effects. Most people take alcohol to reduce stress or self-soothe. Large consumption of alcohol leads to stomach ulcers, anxiety, mood swings, depression, hallucinations, incoherent speech, menstrual irregularities, loss of appetite, erectile dysfunction, cirrhosis, and jaundice, to mention a few.
- 10 Common Substance Abuse Symptoms
- Alcohol Addiction Side Effects
- Alcohol Addiction Signs
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol Addiction Withdrawal
- Alcoholics and the Treatment that’s Available
- How Substance Abuse Counselors Can Help
- How to Spot Substance Abuse and Addiction
- The Dangers of Alcohol Addiction
- What Types of Substance Abuse Groups are There?